Friday, December 16, 2016

HBO, The Night Of, and Game of Thrones

It has been so cold this week and with it getting as dark as early as it has been, I really want to just curl up into a ball and watch something good on t.v. (only when I'm taking a break from the books). Thanks to Think Jam and HBO, I was able to get my hands on "The Night Of" and Season 6 of "Game of Thrones."

Synopsis of "The Night Of:"

In The Night Of, Pakistani-American college student Nasir “Naz” Khan, who lives with his parents in Queens, NY, takes his father’s taxi to go to a party in Manhattan. But what starts as a perfect night for Naz becomes a nightmare when he’s arrested for murder. The series examines the police investigation, the legal proceedings, the criminal justice system and Rikers Island, where the accused await trial.

Synopsis of Season 6 of Game of Thrones:

The most-watched series in HBO history and a worldwide TV phenomenon, Game of Thrones returns with another power season. This year, after the shocking developments at the end of Season 5 – including Jon Snow's bloody fate at the hands of Castle Black mutineers, Daenerys' near-demise at the fighting pits of Meereen, and Cersei's public humiliation in the streets of King's Landing – survivors from all parts of Westeros and Essos regroup to press forward, inexorably, towards their uncertain individual fates. Familiar faces will forge new alliances to bolster their strategic chances at survival, while new characters will emerge to challenge the balance of power in the east, west, north and south. 

 I've been binging on both. Both of these shows are great to binge watch. My husband and I have enjoyed making these shows our date nights over the past several evenings (hey, you find time where you can with toddler twins!). The shows are quite different from each other but both are incredibly well done.

I also want to mention that My family and I decided to "cut the cord" this past year. It hasn't been too bad but I still appreciate anything that makes it a little easier! HBO now sells HBO NOW gift certificates! 



Here's all the details:

"HBO is making holiday shopping easier than ever this year by offering fans the chance to give a gift everyone can enjoy--the HBO NOW gift card! HBO NOW gift cards are available now in denominations of $25 and $50 at Walmart, Best Buy and GameStop stores throughout the U.S. and will launch at H-E-B grocery stores in Texas later this month, just in time for TV fans to add an HBO NOW subscription to their holiday wish lists. "

I would so love this as a gift! Remember me, Santa!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...