Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Review: Poetry for Kids: Emily Dickinson by Emily Dickinson, Christine Davenier (Illustrations), Susan Snively (Editor)

Title: Poetry for Kids: Emily Dickinson 
Author: Emily Dickinson, Christine Davenier (Illustrations), Susan Snively (Editor) 
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: MoonDance Press
Publish Date: December 1, 2016
Source: Publisher



What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "As the premier title in the Poetry for Kids series, Emily Dickinson introduces children to the works of poet Emily Dickinson. Poet, professor, and scholar Susan Snively has carefully chosen 35 poems of interest to children and their families. Each poem is beautifully illustrated by Christine Davenier and thoroughly explained by an expert. The gentle introduction, which is divided into sections by season of the year, includes commentary, definitions of important words, and a foreword."

My Two Cents:

"Poetry for Kids: Emily Dickinson" is the first book in a new series of poetry for children. Drawing on the works of Emily Dickinson, this book is a great collection to introduce your children to the great works of this poet. I have loved some of Dickinson's poetry so much and was very anxious to share it with my daughters.

Filled with gorgeous illustrations and broken up into different sections by season, this book is a treat for the entire family. While I've read some of Dickinson's poems myself, there was really something special about this book being geared for children. I really enjoyed that I also got a lot out of this book while sharing it with my 18-month-old daughters. I don't believe that kids are ever too young to start hearing poetry and other books. Obviously with my girls only being 18 months old, these poems are probably going to go over their heads. I really think this is a great book that will grow with my girls. This is a wonderful book to share with your little ones to open a brand-new world of poetry up to them. It makes for perfect bedtime stories!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...