Sunday, February 16, 2014

Review: The Color of Hope by Julianne MacLean

Title: The Color of Hope
Author: Julianne MacLean
Format: Ebook
Publisher: Self-published
Publish Date: November 17, 2013
Source: I received a copy from the author; however, this did not affect my review.






What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "Diana Moore has led a charmed life. She's the daughter of a wealthy senator and living a glamorous city life, and is confident her handsome live-in boyfriend is about to propose. But everything is turned upside down when she learns of a mysterious woman who works nearby - a woman who is her identical mirror image. Diana is compelled to discover the truth about this woman's identity, but the truth leads her down a path of secrets, betrayals, and shocking discoveries about her past. These discoveries follow her like a shadow. Then she meets Dr. Jacob Peterson-a brilliant cardiac surgeon with an uncanny ability to heal those who are broken. With his help, Diana embarks upon a journey to restore her belief in the human spirit, and recover a sense of hope - that happiness, and love, may still be within reach for those willing to believe in second chances."

 
My Two Cents:
 
Diana and Nadia are two very different women. They come from very different backgrounds. Diana grew up in a very well off family and never wanted for anything. Nadia had a hard scrabble childhood. She had to follow her mother all over since she couldn't really hold down a good life for them. She witnessed things that no child should ever have to witness. Slowly both of them discover that they may have more in common then they first realized. This book is filled with family secrets and the ties that bind us together.

I really enjoyed this story. I love stories about families so I really ate this book up. I especially love books about family. The characters are really the star of this book and I loved the two main characters. I really liked reading about two characters that were so different from each other. Diana and Nadia come from such different places and environments but in a lot of ways, they are still very similar. I really loved watching how their relationship builds, falls apart, and builds again. This book is very plot driven and I did wish that we got to know a little bit more about the different characters' motivations throughout the book.

The writing in this book was pretty good and kept me reading. There were a couple parts that dragged on a bit but overall the book moves at a really nice pace that kept me interested. This book is really good when you are looking for a warm story to relax with!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...