Friday, December 6, 2013

Bookish Gift Ideas!

For the past several weeks, I have been working on my holiday gift shopping furiously. This time of year always seems to sneak up on me! I thought I would put together a bookish gift guide to help you out with all of the book lovers in your life!

For the book lover on the go:

If I had my way, I would read 24/7. I could get through so many books that way! If you know a book lover who is always on the go, why not get them a membership to a service like Audiobooks.com. I had a chance to try out the service and I really liked it. I listen to audiobooks a lot when I'm in the car or working out. The nice thing about Audiobooks.com is that you can get any audiobook right away instead of waiting like you often have to do at the library. This would make a great gift for those that are old hands at audiobooks and those that are getting into them for the first time.






For the book lover who needs a good mood to go with their books:

I'm a huge fan of candles myself and I've fallen in love with these bookish candles. What if you were smelling a Butterbeer candle while reading about Harry drinking a Butterbeer??? Pure magic, I tell you.


For the fashionista book lover:

If you know someone who wants to wear their bookish heart on their sleeve, these gifts are for them.



For your bookish coworker that needs more organization:

Bookends are useful for those times when you run out of shelves in your bookshelf and have to resort to using bookends to hold up the books you end up having to put on top of your shelves.


For anyone you love:

If you have some time, why not try your hand at a DIY backyard Scrabble board.


For book lovers of all stripes:

Nothing makes a better gift for a book lover than a beautiful copy of a book that they have loved or one that they are reading for the first time. I'm a huge fan of the Penguin cloth-bound books. They are gorgeous! I actually collect these books!


What bookish gifts have you bought for your friends and family?

3 comments:

  1. Those candles are soooo cool!!! Looking to order one now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told my fiancé that we need to make that scrabble board! Awesome ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...