Thursday, October 17, 2013

Review: The Gravity Between Us by Kristen Zimmer

Title: The Gravity Between Us
Author: Kristen Zimmer
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Bookouture
Publish Date: October 17, 2013 (Today!!!)
Source: I received a copy from the publisher; however, this did not affect my review.






Why You're Reading This Book:
  • You're a new adult fan.
What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "At just 19, Kendall Bettencourt is Hollywood’s hottest young starlet with the world at her feet – but behind the glamour and designer dresses is a girl who longs for normal.

Payton Taylor is Kendall’s best friend since childhood, and the one person who reminds her of who she really is – her refuge from the craziness of celebrity life.

With her career taking off, Kendall moves Payton to LA to help keep her sane. But Payton is hiding a secret that could make everything ten times worse. Because to her, Kendall is more than a best friend – she is the only girl that she has ever loved.

Just as they need each other more than ever, they’ll have to answer the question of where friendship stops and love begins? And find out whether the feelings they have can survive the mounting pressure of fame…"


My Two Cents:

I'm still pretty new to the New Adult genre and I jumped at the chance to read this book. This is the story of Kendall, a budding Hollywood starlet, and her best friend, Payton. They are the best of friends and truly understand each other. When they start to fall in love with each other both of them are afraid. Both worry what being in a same sex relationship might mean for Kendall's career under the intense scrutiny of the Hollywood world. Tackling some hard subjects, this book was a wonderful foray into the world of the New Adult genre for me.

The love story in this book really felt real to me. Kendall and Payton struggle with their relationship in a very real way. I really felt for them throughout the book. I thought that Zimmer did a really good job of exploring some of the issues of their relationship. Before Payton, Kendall doesn't think she's attracted to women so when she is attracted to Payton, she's terrified even though Payton is the person that she is most comfortable around. The writing really captured this inner chaos well.

This book really kept me on my toes. It was a fast paced read for me because I found the characters so engaging. Because I liked the characters so much, I really wanted to see if they were going to end up together!

Overall, this was a good love story and I will be eagerly awaiting whatever Ms. Zimmer comes out with next!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...