Thursday, September 19, 2013

Review: Cake by Lauren Dane

Title: Cake
Author: Lauren Dane
Format: Ebook
Publisher: Harlequin
Publish Date: September 15, 2013
Source: Netgalley






Why You're Reading This Book:

  • You're a romance fan.
What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "Art student-slash-bike messenger Wren Davis pursues what she wants. And what she wants now is Gregori Ivanov, rock star of the Seattle art scene. With his tattoos, piercings and sensual sneer, Gregori is the ultimate bad boy. Wren’s gotten to know the man beneath the body art, too—and it only makes her crave him more.

But Gregori loves women like he loves cake and champagne—intensely, but only for the moment. And after Wren experiences just how scorching sex with Gregori is, she’s determined to show him that just one taste won’t be enough..."


My Two Cents:

"Cake" is a novella by Lauren Dane. This is a fun little story about Wren, a art student, and Gregori, the mysterious Russian artist who doesn't want to get in too deep. This is the second Cosmo Red Hot Reads by Harlequin book that I've read and I've really enjoyed these books. They're short but so much fun!

This novella is a quick read but it packs a romantic punch. It has a great love story. There was also a lot of hotness. This is the kind of book that you read when you need a quick pick me up.

Gregori was a really fantastic hero. He had a little bit of everything that I like in a romantic hero. He's strong and fascinating. He's easy on the eyes and oh yeah, he has a really hot accent (I love, love, love Russian accents).

I liked Wren and Gregori together but I feel like you got to know Gregori much better. I didn't not like Wren but I didn't really feel you really got to know her all that well.

Overall, this was a really fun book!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...