Friday, August 30, 2013

Review: The Marriage Merger by Jennifer Probst

Title: The Marriage Merger
Author: Jennifer Probst
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Gallery
Publish Date: July 30, 2013
Source: I received a copy from the publisher; however, this did not affect my review.






Why You're Reading:

  • You're a romance fan.
  • You're looking for erotica.
What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "Her sisters have found wedded bliss with their wealthy, wonderful dream men, but not Julietta Conte. She’s stayed on terra firma as top executive of the family’s corporation, La Dolce Famiglia bakery. Work is her passion, and her trendy Milan apartment her sanctuary . . . until Sawyer Wells, a masculine masterpiece in a suit, lures her out of hiding with an irresistible offer: an exclusive partnership with his international chain of boutique hotels.

Julietta’s been burned before—and trusting her brother-in-law’s friend, whose powerful gaze alone has her rethinking the best use of a conference room, is the riskiest proposition. But with a once-in-a- career chance to take the bakery global, will she mix stone-cold business with red-hot seduction?"


My Two Cents:

"The Marriage Merger" is the fourth book in Ms. Probst's Marriage to a Billionaire series. I haven't read the rest of the series and you definitely don't need to in order to understand this book. That being said, I enjoyed this book so I might go back and read the other books!

Julietta has a good head on her shoulders. Very business minded, she is too busy trying to run her family's bakery to be bothered with finding love. Very quickly, she falls for Sawyer, a man with a past, who she is intrigued by and taken with him. Yes, this story sounds familiar but Probst breathes new life into it and makes it nice and steamy. This book was definitely not a bad way to while away a sticky hot afternoon.

Erotic romances are not my usual fare but I was intrigued by this book taking place in Italy. You don't really get a great sense of Italy in the book but that really didn't take away any of the action.

I did really like the steaminess of the book and I liked the ending. I would have liked a little more characterization but if you just want action, this book is for you!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...