Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My First Readathon!

No, little kitty, while Military Strategy is sort of interesting to me, I don't think I'll be reading it for the read-a-thon.
So this weekend, I will be participating in my first readathon and I am so excited. The husband will be away with his guys for the weekend and I don't have a lot on my plate so I'm actually able to participate in the read-a-thon this time around. Woot! I'm participating in the Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon. I've never done one before so I'm looking for any tips that you all could give me!

I'm going to try to read for the full 24 hours. I haven't made an official list of books that I'm going to try to get through because I wanted to leave myself open if a book I pick up isn't keeping my attention. I do have several books in mind that I definitely would like to get to (most of them are historical fiction and YA, which is perhaps unsurprising). If you've done one of these things before, do you usually make a list of books that you want to read or do you just grab something off of your shelves? How much planning do you do for a read-a-thon?

Is anyone else participating in the Dewey Read-a-thon? Do you have any other tips for me?

2 comments:

  1. I've never participated in a read-a-thon either, but have always wanted to see if I could do it. So, no tips here, but do you have a link to the sign up page (I may just go for it)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!!! Here's the link: http://24hourreadathon.com/

      Delete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...