Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday Memes

Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week, we're talking about our top ten bookish memories. Because I have a really hard time making ranked lists, my memories are in no particular order.

1. Introducing Josh the Wonder Dog
 
Once upon a time, I was a little reader who loved just about any book I could get my hands on. One day an author came to my elementary school (Richard Stack) and brought his cute dog, Josh, and I got to stand up in front of the school and introduce them. It was my first time meeting an author and it was wayyy cool.

2. Friends with Chocolate Stores

About a year ago, I picked up a book called Chocolate Chocolate by Frances Park and Ginger Park. It's a great memoir about two sisters who own a chocolate shop in Washington, D.C. After reading the book, I ventured to the shop and love going whenever I get a chance. It's always so nice to see Frances and Ginger.

3. Borders

I was so, so sad when Borders went out of business. I have so many memories of the Borders in my hometown. It was right next to the Home Depot so my dad would drop me off at Borders while he went to Home Depot. Living in a place that felt pretty small, Borders was a major social hang out when I was high school. I couldn't go in there without seeing a handful of people I knew.

4. Waiting at Borders for the release of the Harry Potter books

Oh, those midnight parties were so much fun!

5. History Extravaganza!






Once I got to meet Stephanie Dray, Kate Quinn, and Sophie Perinot all at the same time. So yeah, that was pretty awesome!

6. Historical Novel Society!

The lovely ladies above convinced me to join the local chapter of the Historical Novel Society. While I have yet to be able to go to a meeting, it's a way cool organization and I love all of the stuff that I find out through our Facebook page.

7. Starting a Book Blog

Guys, before I started my own book blog, I was a little bit of a creeper around other book blogs. It took me about a year of reading really awesome book blogs before I decided that it might be something I could do!

8. My Library





So last August, we moved into a 100 year old house and luckily, it had enough room for a library. Eeeee! It was one of my dreams come true!

9. Anytime I have a good discussion about books

Seriously, if you and I have a discussion about a particular book one day, I will remember what the book was and what was said for forever. I just really love talking about books!

10. Reading in general

Reading always makes for a good memory, guys!




First Chapter First Paragraph is hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea

 
Today, my book is:
 

 


"In the fabled, glittering world that was St. Petersburg before the First World War there lived, in an ice-blue palace overlooking the river Neva, a family on whom the gods seemed to have lavished their gifts with almost comical abundance."

29 comments:

  1. I'm sooo jealous of your library! Lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I spent a lot of the day yesterday sitting in my armchair and reading :) It was a great Sunday!

      Delete
  2. We were thrilled to meet you as well and look forward to raising a glass in your company down in St. Pete's at the HNS Conference :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I got all of my reservations set this weekend! I'm excited!

      Delete
  3. You're own library! Some people have such great memories! And it's cool how it's colour coordinated.
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure about this one. Is it supposed to be funny? Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's more of a serious historical fiction. The writing is a little flowery though!

      Delete
  5. I don't much care for the cover but those lines from Countess Below Stairs spurred my interest.
    Great top ten list too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't care for the cover, either, but like the opening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG A LIBRARY!! I want one sooo bad! And the book itself doesn't sound too bad although perhaps it's not my kind of book! Thanks for sharing, here's my Tuesday Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so lucky to have a library in your house! It's like my one condition of the next house I move to is having a room that is just for books.
    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice library. :)
    Book sounds like it may be good. Hope you enjoy

    Here is mine
    Tuesday Teaser and Intros

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cried when Borders closed [I've always been a bit dramatic]. ;)

    The Harry Potter midnight releases were my favourite things!

    And the book about the two sisters sounds really interesting - I'm going to read it and then be said that I can't visit the shop [I live in England]!

    Oh, and your library - I've been dreaming of having a library forever!

    I loved your list!

    Alex @ Like, Words and Stuff
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was soooo sad about Borders! I liked it so much better than Barnes and Noble!

      Delete
  11. I love you top bookish moments especially meeting an author when you were little. The book sounds good. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved your Top 10 List and thanks so much for joining Tuesday Intros (not sure about that one for me, but I'd try a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to read a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your own library! Lucky! :-) Love your top ten :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just sayin', it was pretty awesome to meet you too and if I had a top ten list, this day would have been on it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...