Friday, February 8, 2013

The Return of Literary Locale!!!



As promised, Literary Locale is back! Literary Locale is a meme here at A Bookish Affair on Fridays where I talk about where I've been reading lately or any other bookish locations that I feel like talking about.

In the past week, I've read about: 

Out of all of these places, Paris is the only one that I've never been to. I would love to go. Reading about Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald's escapades in the City of Lights really makes me want to go see that city and walk where they once walked. 





I also have plans to go back to NYC in the beginning of March as a late Valentine's trip with my husband. Where we're staying will be the subject of the next Literary Locale!

Where have you been reading lately?

(If you want to participate, feel free to leave a link to your blog entry below. Feel free to grab the Literary Locale logo if you would like.)

4 comments:

  1. Well as you know I've been reading in Cambodia. I would love to visit there especially after reading Temple of a Thousand Faces. It seems that there are any number of beautiful places to see there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go to Thailand and Cambodia in one trip. I've had several friends do that trip and they absolutely loved it!

      Delete
  2. I went to Thailand in December and read an excellent family saga which described a chinese immigrants' assimilation into Thai society. Unfortunately I was so relaxed there I didnt take note of the title. The similarities between it and other stories of settling in to a new country, fractured families, poverty, cultural,conflicts and loyalties are all told in the form of letters written by one man to his mother back in China.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. No wonder I was so relaxed. Mostly I was overlookig the Gulf of Thailand by an infinity pool, in 28 degrees of heat. it was an idyllic setting.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...