Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bookish Jewelry and a Big Surprise!

Last night, I stopped by DC's Holiday Market. It's an outdoor market that had probably almost 40 different vendors (all local which equals an extra bonus). I was simply trying to waste a little bit of time before book club and since DC has had unseasonably mild temperatures over the past couple days, I decided to walk the market instead of getting coffee and sitting in Starbucks like I usually do before book club.

Anyhow, I couldn't help myself when I came across one vendor in particular that blew me away (Rebound Designs). I bought a necklace and earrings.


Those beauties are made out of discarded books (mostly the old Reader's Digest books that have pretty covers but most used bookstores won't even take them anymore as there is an overabundance and not much of a demand. I'm wearing the necklace today!

Also, I wrote yesterday about wanting to read The Orphan Master's Son and when I got home last night, I opened a couple packages that had come to me and lo and behold, I got The Orphan Master's Son from Random's Early Reads program. Merry Christmas to me! I think that book gets to come with me on all of my holiday travels! So excited to read it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...